As a dedicated member of Android OS development and customization community, it has always been our focus to give you the best tutorials and resources to customize and embellish your Android device in various new ways. Forwarding this quest, we are here again with a beautiful package for all non-Xperia handset users that contains every required item to give your Android phone, running Android 4.0.3 and above (stock or custom ROM) homescreen a complete overhaul. The launcher and widgets can b installed on both rooted and non-rooted devices with any resolutions.
The transformation package includes the ported Xperia T launcher, clock, weather, music, notes, recent calls, photos and videos, and OnOffTools widgets, the original Cosmic Flow live wallpaper, and a bunch of HQ stock wallpapers from Xperia S.
Here are all the features of Xperia Launcher:
The Sony Xperia T Launcher is loaded with amazing feature. No other stock launcher shows the customization capabilities that it gives you. Just throw your eyes below to discover what things you can do with it.
- User selectable number of home screens (up to 11) and default screen selection
- Customizable desktop and app drawer grid size (from 3 x 3 to 9 x 9)
- Infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer (significantly improved from previous (GB) version)
- Resizable widgets
- Hide apps from the app drawer (now does not hide them from the desktop and the dock)
- Swipe Up/Down gestures on the desktop
- Show/hide icon labels on the desktop, the dock and the app drawer
- Enable/disable app sharing on social networks
- Enable/disable tactile feedback (vibration)
- Icon packs support (load icons from: Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher and GO Launcher themes / icon packs)
- Backup and restore launcher settings
- Support for any resolution and any display density (custom DPI)
How to Use/Customize:
I have been using the Xperia T launcher with all widgets mentioned above and everything except the Walkman widget works like a charm. Download the Xperia_T_Launcher_&_Widgets.zip and extract the zip. Copy/paste the whole folder to your device’s internal or external SD Card storage. Open File Manager and install all APKs provided inside the zip. When all files are installed, press the Home button on your device and choose the Xperia T launcher.
You can add/remove the icons on the bottom bar by pressing and holding the icon and dragging it in or out. To add a widget, just tap on the homescreen and select the “+” icon on the top bar. To change wallpaper or customize launcher settings tap on the customization icon on the top bar to see the options like “Wallpaper” and “Launcher Settings”. To browse all settings options slide the screen from right to left or vice versa. You can change/import the default app icons from launchers like ADW, GO and Launcher Pro. to do this open Launcher Settings> General> Appearance> Icon Pack and choose from the pre-installed icon packs.
As for the wallpapers, download Sony Xperia_S_Wallpapers.zip, extract the zip and copy/paste the wallpapers to Images folder on your phone’s SD Card.