The Xperia Z is regarded as the best smartphone from Sony till date. The handset was introduced at CES 2013 and was able to steal the spotlight and and force acclamation from tech pundits. Among many new things, the Xperia Z also houses Sony’s new revamped home launcher and more intuitive multimedia apps like Walkman, Albums and Movies. I have had the opportunity to spend a couple of days with the Xperia Z and could not stop myself from being impressed with it.
The Xperia Z launcher has already been ported to other non-Xperia phones and now the Sony Walkman, Album and Movies apps have been ported to run on all android phones with Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean. All credits for bringing these apps to our disposal goes to XDA member Rizal Lovins. All three apps are available as flashable zips and therefore require a rooted Android phone with a custom recovery installed on it.
The Xperia Z has one of the best sound engines found on any smartphone and by flashing the provided zip from below, you can enjoy the same experience on your non-Xperia phone. Having installed it, I also discovered louder system sound on my Galaxy S3. Among major features of the Walkman app are:
- Album background color animation
- Music control on Notification
- New Walkman From Xperia Z
- New Soundenhancement Xperia Z
- Clear Audio+, Clear Bass , Clear Stereo, ClearPhase
- Dynamic Normalizer
- Surround Sound VPT
- Walkman Music Widget
- Music Extension for find info on internet
- Audio+ Sound Enhancements
The Album app from Xperia Z is an eye-treat. It is a feature rich gallery app that shows all your images and videos at one place. I like the way you can change the thumbnail layout in the gallery by simply swiping the fingers from left to right and vice versa. Besides image viewing, the Album also shows your images from Facebook, Picasa and shows their geo-location on map and a beautiful 3D globe.
All three apps are nice and run beautifully. You can download all zips from our links below and flash them using CWM Recovery. Just make sure your phone is rooted and running on Android 4.0 or higher. When I tested the apps on Android 4.2.2 (CM 10.1), the music app gave FC error, but with Android 4.1.2 they run fine.
Downloads (Updated Apr. 17)
Now working flawlessly on all Android phones with ICS or JB ROMs.
Also Install These:
Xperia Z Launcher and Widgets (no root)
How to Install:
To install the Sony Walkman, Movies and Album Apps from Xperia Z on your Android phone, follow the following steps:
- Boot your phone into CloclworkMod recovery mode (the method differ from phone to phone).
- Do not forget to backup your current ROM before flashing anything on your phone. Use the “backup and restore” option.
- Scroll to “wipe cache partition” and wipe it.
- “Wipe cache partition” from “advanced” menu
- Go to “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard” and select the file you want to install.
- When the installation is done, go to “advanced” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Finally reboot device using “reboot system now” option.
When the phone boots, open the app drawer on your phone and you should see the newly installed apps there. Check them and do not forget to share with us how they work for you. Cheers!
You might also like these:
Download Launcher Apps from other Android phones
- Sony Xperia Z Launcher
- Sony Xperia Arc Launcher
- Motorola Razr M Launcher with Circle Widget
- Touchwiz UX Launcher
Stock Wallpapers Collection: Link
Tips and Tricks for Android: Link