The 2014 edition of the HTC One, that is the HTC One M8 brought HTC’s latest Sense 6 innovation along with KitKat 4.4.2, making it the first HTC flagship showcasing KitKat. Due to unseen reasons HTC didn’t let the same out for its predecessor HTC One M7. But, like most others it didn’t make you wait for long, a new update for the HTC One M7 is out lately. Labelled firmware version 5.11.1540.9, the new build is based on KitKat 4.4.2 and weighs approx 667MB. Officially the HTC website has shown changes in accordance to this update. As per the OTA changelog, the major compilation is the introduction of Sense 6, apart from that Camera and Gallery UI improvements, updated BlinkFeed, new color coded theme, Clear All Recent button and a lot more are inside the package.
We would like to present our heartly gratitude to XDA Senior Member alray for grabbing out the OTA and posting it online. We’ll help you to Install Sense 6 on HTC One M7 using the Stock Recovery.
This update is meant to be Installed only and only on HTC One M7. You should not try this on any other variant. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Perform everything at your own risk.
- Stock firmware and recovery Installed (This won’t work for a Custom Recovery or a Custom ROM)
- Charge your M7 above 60% battery to avoid shuts during the process.
- Backup SMS, Contacts, Messages, Calenders, Internal and External Storage.
- Enable USB Debugging: link
- Install and setup ADB: link
Install Sense 6 on HTC One M7
- First of all, download the OTA update zip file: OTA_M7_UL_K44_SENSE60_MR_BrightstarUS_WWE_5.11.1540.9-4.19.1540.9_P_release.zip [Mirror Link] [Mirror Link 2]
- Connect your M7 to the PC via USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded OTA zip file on the root (Not in any folder) of the Internal storage (Preferably) or to the SD card.
- Disconnect the device and power it off completely.
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for a few seconds until you see a white screen displaying some text.
- This is the device’s bootloader mode and it looks similar to the below screenshot.
- Use the Volume keys to highlight RECOVERY and select it by pressing the Power button.
- The device will reboot into recovery mode displaying Android system recovery <3e>.
- Its always a better option to wipe the cache. In the Recovery mode, use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition and select it using the Power button.
- Select apply from phone storage if the file was placed on the Internal storage or apply from sd card if it was on the SD card.
- Navigate to location of the file and select OTA_M7_UL_K44_SENSE60_MR_BrightstarUS_WWE_5.11.1540.9-4.19.1540.9_P_release_370042lrklkigfk5j4biku.zip.
- The updating process will take a bit of time so hold back and make sure not to disturb the process.
- Once done, select reboot system now.
Since, this is an update the first boot will take time. Once booted, experience the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat along with HTC Sense 6. If you have had any issues during this process or any related query, post below. Stay tuned until we get back with more stuff on the M7.
Updated? Root your M7 and Install Custom Recovery on it.