Installing a custom recovery has its own advantages. This includes, flashing SuperSU packages to gain root access, install custom ROMS or kernels, Xposed Framework, and more. Not many recoveries are available for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F/FZ. However, the popular CWM-based Philz Touch recovery can still be installed for this device. Philz Touch is a modified or you can say advanced version of the clockworkmod recovery. It all the features from CWM along with some additional functionalities like touch interface, revamped UI and more.
To install this custom recovery, you need to go through the typical Odin installation procedure. If you are new to this procedure, then don’t worry, we have got you covered. However, before we begin, make sure you have the exact device and variant required for this procedure.
Although the Philz recovery is modified for SM-G530F or SM-G530FZ variants, users have reported it to be working on SM-G530M, SM-G530H, G530BT (Brazilian). You can install it on these variants at your own risk.
Warning: Rooting or installing custom recovery on your device may void warranty. We at DroidViews, are not responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Make sure you have the perfect device and variant. This tutorial is suitable only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F or SM-G530FZ variant.
- Make sure you have fully charged your Galaxy Note 5 or at least up to 60% of the battery.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Make sure you have Samsung drivers installed on your PC.
- Download | Mirror Philz Touch CWM Recovery for Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F/FZ (File: cwmo.tar)
- Download | Odin3 v3.10.7
Backup Your Apps and Data
It is recommend that you backup your apps, contacts, messages, photos, videos and any other important data stored on the internal storage of your phone. Get some of our useful backup apps from the DroidViews archives. This will help you backup your device data easily. Once you install the recovery onto your device, take a nandroid backup before you perform any operations.
Install Philz Recovery on Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F/FZ
- Download the cwmo.tar file for your Galaxy Grand Prime.
- Transfer the file to your PC; if it is a zip file, extract it to get the file with .tar extension.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it into the Download Mode. To do this, turn off your device and then press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle sign, press the Volume Up key to enter Download/Odin mode
- Download the required Odin.zip file and extract the file on your PC. You will get the Odin3_v3.10.7.exe file. Open it as administrator to get to the Odin window.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand Prime to the computer using the USB cable.
- When you connect the device, the ID:COM port on Odin will turn Blue. You’ll also see“Added!!” message to indicate successful connection.
- In case your phone is not detected by Odin, you can try the following things:
- Reboot your phone and turn off USB Debugging and turn it on again.
- Try reinstalling the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Try changing the USB cable and connecting to other ports.
- Now click AP button on Odin and add the firmware file (cwmo.tar). If you are using an older version of Odin, then select the PDA option.
- In the Options section, make sure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked and everything else are unchecked. (Do not, in any case, check Re-Partition box)
- Now, click the Start button on Odin and the Philz Touch CWM Recovery installation will begin which may take a few minutes.
- Once you get a PASS! message on Odin, your device will restart. It’s the green signal that indicates successful installation. In case you get Fail! message, make sure you go through all the steps and the preparations carefully. You can try with older versions of Odin too.
You can now enjoy Philz Touch CWM recovery on your Galaxy Grand Prime. You can boot into recovery mode using the same button combination and flash files like SuperSU to gain root access or install custom ROMS and more. For any queries, comment down below.