OnePlus 5 was the latest flagship smartphone from the Chinese smartphone manufacturing company, OnePlus which has started its operations in India and around the world with the launch of its initial smartphone OnePlus One exactly four years ago. As a matter of fact, OnePlus is celebrating the fourth anniversary for the company as the OnePlus One was launched in the month of December exactly 4 years ago from now and the company has gone leaps and bounds since then. The latest flagship killer from the company, the OnePlus 5 was launched as the successor to the last year’s OnePlus 3/3T which were the flagship smartphones from the company for 2016.
Now, the OnePlus 5 was launched by OnePlus in June 2017 and the smartphone came with a 5.5-inch AMOLED display along with a Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. As far as the unique aspect of the smartphone was concerned, the smartphone featured a dual camera on the back same as the iPhone 7 Plus which was launched at the end of 2016. Now, the OnePlus 5 was also criticized by some as having the design mostly similar to the iPhone 7 Plus. However, the performance of the phone was enough to overcome this design aspect and the smartphone was claimed as the best smartphone from OnePlus till date. Also, the smartphone quickly became the best-seller from OnePlus in just a week from launch.
Now, we have also known that OnePlus developed an in-house Custom ROM for all of their smartphones with the launch of the OnePlus 2 which was named as the OxygenOS. Now, this Custom ROM is the official ROM and it has been pre-installed on all the OnePlus phones after the OnePlus 2. Thus, the OnePlus 5 also comes with OxygenOS from OnePlus and the OxygenOS version when the OnePlus 5 launched was OxygenOS 4.5.0 which was based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Talking about the updates from the OnePlus 5 ever since the launch, there was a time for the smartphone when the OxygenOS versions were updated almost daily and the users of the OnePlus 5 had to update their smartphone daily to the latest version of OxygenOS. However, that has settled now and the smartphone is getting a new update on their phone which installs the OxygenOS 4.5.15 update on OnePlus 5.
As far as the update is concerned, the major change is that the October security patch has will be installed on the smartphone once the OxygenOS 4.5.15 update is installed. Other than that, there are bug fixes and improvements to the smartphone along with an update to better support Bitmoji app emoji sharing.
If you want to know all the detailed changes that are coming with this update then we have attached the changelog of the latest update down below.
Changelog for OxygenOS 4.5.15 update
- GPS improvements
- Fixed issue of not able to set customized alarm ringtone
- Fixed issue of sharing emoji from Bitmoji
- Updated to October Android security patch
- General bug fixes
Now, the update will come as an OTA to your OnePlus 5 so that you can directly download and install the OTA update. However, we have attached the guide to manually update your OnePlus 5 to the latest version of OxygenOS from below.
Install OxygenOS 4.5.15 OTA Update on OnePlus 5 (with Stock Recovery)
- Download the OxygenOS 4.5.15 update zip file from the Downloads section above
- Once you have downloaded the zip file, transfer the file to the root of your SD card
- After this, go to your phone’s Settings and click on System updates
- In System Updates, you have to click on the Gear icon seen on the top-right corner which will open the Settings of System updates.
- Now, click on “Local Upgrade” in Settings and you should see the OTA zip file which was downloaded and moved to the root folder on your SD card as seen from the screenshot below.
- Now, you have to click on this OTA zip file and you will get a popup to ask if you want to upgrade to the latest OTA update as seen below.
- Then, click on Upgrade Now and your device will reboot after the update has been installed and you will be upgraded to the latest OxygenOS 4.5.15 update on OnePlus 5
Steps to Install OxygenOS 4.5.15 OTA Update on OnePlus 5 (with TWRP Recovery)
- If you have TWRP recovery installed on your OnePlus 5, you will not be able to directly update your smartphone even if you have OxygenOS installed.
- Therefore, you will have to download the zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now, reboot to your recovery by turning off your device and pressing Power+Volume Up button to boot into TWRP mode.
- Now, tap on the Install option in TWRP and select the OTA zip file and swipe to flash this zip file.
- Now, your zip file will be flashed and the OTA update will be downloaded on your OnePlus 5 which will upgrade your smartphone to the OxygenOS 4.5.15
After the above process has been completed successfully, you will have OxygenOS 4.5.15 update installed on your OnePlus 5.