Android Lollipop is the latest version of Android from Google which was released a few months ago but unfortunately, Google had to batter multiple bugs after the initial release of the OS. Nonetheless, Android Lollipop is the most desired OS this year (and a part of last year) and I hope everyone out there is eagerly waiting for a Lollipop build to roll out to their device.
While most OEMs are struggling to roll out the Lollipop devices to their flagship models, Samsung is successfully pushing Lollipop builds to its old and new devices. We’ve seen many Samsung device to get the Lollipop update and now it’s turning for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A users to taste the awesome Lollipop OS on their device. However, the S4 LTE-A users might feel a little left out while most of its siblings got the Lollipop love a week ago. But, we say it’s better late than never.
- Model: GT-I9506
- Model name: Galaxy S4 LTE-A
- Version: Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- PDA: I9506XXUDOA6
- CSC: I9506VFGDOA4, I9506VFGDOA4, I9506OXXDOA1, I9506OXXDOA1
- MODEM: I9506XXUDOA6
Currently, the update is available in the regions Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Germany with the build number I9506XXUDOA6. If you’re lucky enough, you might have already received the OTA notification by now, else check it from the system update status from the About phone settings of the device. However, if you don’t see any update on your device, follow the below simple guide to flash the update manually on your device.
Prepare Your Device
- Charge your device to at least 60% battery life to avoid any mishaps during the process.
- Install appropriate drivers for your Samsung smartphone. You can find them here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S4 LTE-A.
- Backup everything, this includes your device’s storage, SMS, contacts, and apps etc. The process will erase everything from your device.
- Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM using any custom recovery if you’ve installed earlier.
Odin tool: Download Link
Firmware: Download Link (Choose the appropriate firmware for your device)
Install Android Lollipop on Galaxy S4 GT-I9506
If you’re new to Odin tool and firmware flashing, do follow our detailed guide from below link:
- Download and extract both the firmware and the Odin files in the same directory on your PC.
- Double-click on Odin3 3.09.exe to start the program.
- Boot into the download mode. To do this:
- Power off your phone first.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see Warning screen with Android logo.
- Press Volume Up to acknowledge the warning and boot into download mode
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable and make sure the device is detected.
- In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are enabled in Odin while the Re-Partition checkbox should not be checked unless you want to repartition your device.
- Finally, hit the start button and wait until the firmware is flashed. Once completed, the device will reboot automatically.
- Disconnect the device from PC and wait until the device restarts.
That’s it. Once rebooted, you’ll see the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop setup screen on your device.