Samsung Galaxy Note II is still a wonderful device. It’s beautiful design made note-making people to fall in love with it instantly. The stylus added to this masterpiece introduced new dimensions. The Samsung Galaxy Note has sold by the bucket-load and is largely successful. At 183 gm it feels like a feather and the weight gives it a real notion of substance.
One can end a complete day with this Note II as it lasts up to 10 hours of continuous 3G usage and on Wi-Fi, you get backup of about 11 hours. Screen size is about 5.5 inch with 1280 x 720 resolution. A perfect shot can be clicked with rear 8 MP camera. Front facing camera has 1.2 MP for decent video calling.
Note II is buttery smooth, thanks to its 2 GB RAM. Internal storage is about 16 GB out of which only 11.2 GB is available for the user. The only downside of Note II is its price. We wish coming variants are affordable with reasonable price. It comes with Android™ 4.2, Jelly Bean out of the box and till date there is no sign of lollipop update.
Well, you don’t have to worry now. Galaxy note 2 will experience lollipop through this guide.
- Unlocked Bootloader and rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- TWRP recovery or CWM recovery.
- Make sure you have at least 60% battery and have a full backup.
- Download OctOS Android 5.1.1 ROM here
- Download Gapps for Galaxy Note 2 from here
- Android version: Lollipop 5.1.1
Warning: The author is not responsible, if you damage or brick your device. Do it at your own risk and follow the instructions properly.
- Download OctOS ROM and Gapps for Galaxy Note 2 to your computer.
- Connect and mount your Galaxy Note 2 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 5.1.1 ROM zip and Gapps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the root directory of SD card.
- Then turn off your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Once you are in custom Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” as shown below. Use the Power button to select everything while in the CWM Recovery.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” to avoid any boot loops.
- It is recommended to perform a “wipe of your dalvik cache” as well.
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and tap/select install the OctOS Android 5.1.1 ROM.zip.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. For CWM recovery use volume keys, navigate to the Android 5.1.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- After the installation completes wipe the cache once again and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
First boot takes about 5-10 minutes. Sit back and wait for the device to boot up. Now your Galaxy Note 2 is ready for Lollipop update. To confirm Go to Settings > About phone > Android version.
If you have trouble and face any difficulty comment below. Don’t forget to follow us and share your experiences.
This article was last modified on March 12, 2018, 8:14 am