Motorola has been killing it lately with the release of the all-new Moto G4 Plus, and the long-awaited Moto Z, a new device series by Motorola and Lenovo. Keeping aside all of the good stuff that Motorola has done with the hardware recently, what’s cooler is their new software features.
While the modular software features are only available for the Moto Z lineup, users have also been cherished with some sweet looking widgets, remarkably the new Motorola Circle Clock Widget. This, however, isn’t available for all the Moto devices, and while that might anger many users, we have got you covered.
Yes, with the help of gourabpa, an XDA-Senior Developer, we now can easily port the amazing Circle Clock widget by Motorola to any Moto device out there. However, for this, you might need a device which is rooted, unlocked, and is backed up by the oh-so-popular TWRP recovery. There are three versions of the same, and depending on your liking, you can stick to whichever version that suits you the best. Note that the first two versions need to be flashed using the TWRP recovery, while the third variant can be installed as a standalone application.
- Circle Clock Widget v1 (Dark Background): Circle Clock v1.zip | Mirror
- Circle Clock Widget v2 (Light Background): Circle Clock v2.zip | Mirror
- Circle Clock Widget v3 APK (Dark Background): Circle Clock v3.apk | Mirror
- Moto G5 Plus Time & Weather Widget v4: Moto-G5-Plus-Time-Weather.apk | Mirror
- First of all, ensure that you have a Motorola device which is unlocked, rooted, and has a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM installed. If not, you can browse through our big library of how-to’s, and get the job done within minutes.
- Next up, download the required version of the clock widget, and transfer it to your device. If you have chosen to install the flashable ZIP variant, continue on, and if you have chosen to install the APK version, then install it as a normal APK file.
- Once transferred, power down your device, and boot into the Recovery Mode, by holding down a specific button combo. Once in TWRP or CWM, locate the ZIP file, and confirm the flash.
- The process might take some time, and once done, reboot your device.
Good going! Now you have the new Motorola Circle Clock Widget installed on your older Moto device!