Customization lies at the core of Android. No other OS in the world allows the users so much flexibility as Android does and that’s why it’s the most popular platform for smartphones and tablets. Being open source in nature, Android lets you change, modify and customize every element of the system and UI through root privilege.
All of us love customizing our phone by playing with different themes, static and live wallpapers, home launchers, icon packs, custom fonts, ROMs, and mods. Whether you have root access or you have just a phone with stock firmware installed on it, Android offers a lot of scopes for customization.
If you love to decorate your phone’s home screen and want to add some element of novelty to your experience through new wallpapers, launchers, icons, and widgets, you should bookmark DrodViews right now because we keep sharing stuff that let you customize your device in a unique way.
- Download Stock Wallpapers from Android Devices
- Download Clock Weather Widgets for Android Devices
- Install Custom Fonts on Android Devices
It has not been a very long time since we shared the guide to get the Motorola Circle Clock widget from the Moto Z on other Motorola devices running Lollipop and Marshmallow with root privilege and custom recovery. But what about those who just love that awesome widget and own a non-Motorola device with no root access? Personally, I have always loved the circle clock widgets that come with Motorola phones like the Razr M, Droid Turbo, and the Moto Z.
Today, we’ve come up with the all new circle clock weather widget from the Moto Z. You can install the widget on any Android device with Marshmallow or Nougat ROM installed on it. I tested it on my Galaxy S6 Edge and S7 Edge (both with MM and no root) and it worked like a charm.
We have the Moto Z Circle Clock Widget, also known as the Motorola Command Center Widget, for you as an APK that you can download from below and install it as you install any normal app manually. It’s a fully functional widget that shows you live weather for the automatically or manually selected location, time and battery level. I tested the widget on Samsung TouchWiz, ZenUI, and Nova home launcher with no problem. It doesn’t, however, show up in the widget list in the Pixel launcher.
- You can expand or minimize the widget by tapping the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ icons respectively.
- Tapping the center circle that shows the time takes you to the Alarm setting screen on your phone. The center circle also shows the alarm notification.
- Tapping the weather icon on the center and left circle takes you to the detailed weather forecast screen.
- You can quickly view the battery usage stats on your device by tapping the battery icon on the right circle.
- By tapping the color palette icon on the right circle, you can customize the center circle highlight for battery status according to your taste or wallpaper. There’re 12 colors to select from.
Download Moto Z Circle Clock Widget
Installing the Circle Clock Widget APK
As we already mentioned above, it’s a normal APK that you can install whether your device is rooted or not. Just make sure your phone has the Marshmallow-based stock or custom ROM on it.
- Download the APK on your computer and copy it to your phone by connecting the device to the computer using a USB cable. If you download it directly on your device itself, you can find the APK inside the Download folder.
- Go to Settings> Lock screen and Security> Unknown sources and enable the option.
- Now open file manager, navigate to Circle_Clock_Widget_v3.apk and tap it to installed.
- Having installed the app, come to the home screen and tap and hold any empty space on it and tap the Widget option.
- Scroll a bit and you’ll see the widget preview as Command Center there.
- Just press and hold the widget to bring it to the home screen.