MIUI 9 is Xiaomi’s latest OS update based on the latest stable version of Android Nougat 7.0. Xiaomi has currently rolled out this update to a couple of its Redmi devices. While MIUI is not that great or optimized when compared to the stock version of Android, it still has its own set of disadvantages.
For instance, Xiaomi’s MIUI comes with built in themes which could be used to customize the entire device with different colors and icons. Stock Android does not support this as of now. MIUI also gets several other exciting features that are not available in stock Android like, dual apps, scrolling screenshots, and quick ball.
So, if you are a proud owner of OnePlus 3 or 3T and have a liking for MIUI 9, then you are in for a treat because you can install the MIUI 9 custom ROM right now on your device. However, you have to keep in mind that, this is only an Alpha build and it might have some problems here and there. But, the basic features like WiFi and calling works.
If you are still enthusiastic to try out the MIUI 9 ROM on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T, then follow the below guide to do so.
- Ensure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP on the OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T
- Make sure that your phone has more than 60% battery left
- Download the MIUI 9 ROM for the OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T (Link mentioned in the download section)
If you are not familiar with Step 1 and 2 mentioned above then you should check our guide on unlocking bootloader, installing TWRP Recovery and rooting OnePlus 5
Install MIUI 9 ROM on OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T via TWRP
If you have installed TWRP on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T then follow the steps mentioned down below to install the MIUI 9 ROM on your device.
- Download the appropriate ROM file for your device and move it to the internal storage.
- Now power off your device and reboot into the TWRP recovery.
- You could do this by holding your power button and volume button for a few seconds until the TWRP recovery appears.
- Now go to Wipe And Format Option->Wipe Data, Cache And Dalvik Cache via recovery.
- Now go back to the main menu and then select install
- Browse for the ROM file you previously downloaded and then select it.
- Now swipe the button below to initiate the flashing. Once the process is complete, reboot your device to boot into the MIUI 9 ROM on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any doubts regarding the process.