Here is another Google Play device which has been lined up for the KitKat 4.4.4 update. The HTC One M8 GPe is a collaborative work between HTC and Google to serve their users with Stock Android experience. After the huge success of HTC One M7, the OEM decided to re-release the device with an updated hardware as well as software capabilities, the One M8 which was released during March 2014. The device carries an extraordinarily fast and snappy Snapdragon 801 Quad-Core 2.3 GHz Krait processor, Adreno 330 GPU for glitch free gaming, dual-LED camera, Gorilla Glass 5.0” full-HD display with BT LE 4.0 support, HTC boom sound audio and much more.
The latest KitKat 4.4.4 update started to roll out a day before for this device, while many have already installed, others are long awaited in the line. We, as always will make it easy for you and assist you to Install KitKat 4.4.4 on HTC One M8 GPe by installing the OTA update manually using the stock recovery. XDA member oldblue910 was successful in grabbing the link for the OTA and published it on this thread. The procedure is undoubtedly very easy and requires a little knowledge about your own device and Android recovery.
Install Updates manually is a risky process. Do it on your own will, DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
Here is a set of requirements to be completed before you can proceed any further. Once finished, you could head to the instructions.
» Install appropriate drivers: Click here
» Backup your device completely, this includes storage, SMS, contacts, calenders etc
» Enable USB debugging. Detailed steps could be found here.
» Setup Android SDK: Click here
» Charge your device above 60% battery level
Steps to Install KitKat 4.4.4 on HTC One M8 GPe
- Download the OTA update zip (Approx 21 MB size): Click here
- Connect the M8 to the PC via USB data cable and transfer the downloaded zip file to the Internal storage.
- Open a new command prompt window and type the following command:
adb reboot recovery
- A screen will appear with an Android bot and red exclamation mark. Press the Volume Up key and Power button to get into recovery menu.
- Using the Volume keys, highlight apply update from phone storage and select it using the Power button.
- Browse to the location of the OTA zip and select it by pressing the Power key.
- The Update will start and take sufficient time to complete, so hold back and do not disturb the process.
- Once complete, select reboot system now.
Your HTC One M8 GPe will reboot into the new and updated Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Let us know about your views or suggestions via the comments. Stay tuned till we get back with some more stuff on the HTC One M8 Google Play Edition.
Here are some other tips and tricks that you might find useful.