HTC has started rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update to the HTC One M9 users. After the release of HTC 10 Nougat firmware update a few days back, everyone’s eagerly waiting for the HTC One M9 Nougat update. So, finally, HTC started rolling the OTA update with loads of new features and UI improvements. The Nougat firmware build comes with the build number 4.14.617.6. It includes the Sense UI 8, some interface changes, November’s security patch and much more. Many users have already received the OTA notification on their device. If you didn’t see it yet, check from Settings » About Phone » System updates.
In case if your device didn’t receive the Nougat OTA yet, we have some good news for you. Some of the users have successfully managed to capture the OTA and RUU files for the HTC One M9 Nougat firmware. So, you can grab them and install them manually on your device. The update can be installed on the unlocked version of HTC One M9. Other variants from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile & Verizon will receive the update next year. Download the OTA file or the RUU firmware and follow the instructions from below to flash them on your device. So, let’s begin with the tutorial.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer. You can download the full Android SDK from here, or get the quick ADB and Fastboot installer from here. For Mac or Linux OS, click here. You may also like HTC Fastboot tool for the HTC devices.
- Install HTC USB Drivers on your computer.
- Go to Settings » About phone » Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your Google Pixel. Then go back to Settings » Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking (if available).
- Backup all your apps and data because your device’s storage will be wiped during this process.
- Make sure you have enough charge on your device before starting the process.
We have both the OTA file as well as the complete RUU firmware. So, download the file as per your requirement and follow the relevant method from below.
- 4.14.617.6 OTA official link → Download
RUU Firmware File
- 4.14.617.6 RUU.exe link → Download
How to Install HTC One M9 Nougat Update
If you’ve downloaded the OTA file, follow the first method or else follow method 2 for RUU installation. For OTA update method, make sure you’re on the former build prior to Nougat update (3.35.617.31). If you’re not sure, you better go with RUU installation as it completely installs a fresh OS on your device.
Method 1: OTA Method
- Download the HTC One M9 Nougat OTA file from the download section and transfer it to your phone’s internal storage.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode. To do this:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume down keys simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Use the volume keys to select option “Reboot to Bootloader“, and press Power button to confirm.
- In the next screen, use the volume keys to select option “Boot to Recovery Mode“, and press Power button to confirm.
- You’re now in recovery mode.
- From the stock recovery, select “Apply updates from Phone storage.” Then navigate to the OTA Zip file and select it.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
- Reboot once the installation is finished.
Method 2: RUU Firmware Installation
- Download the RUU executable file from the downloads section to your PC.
- Connect your HTC One M9 to the PC via USB cable.
- Make sure the device is recognized on your PC. If not, re-install the drivers and reconnect your device.
- Double-click on the HTC One M9 RUU.exe file on your PC.
- This will launch a system update wizard for your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- The device will reboot automatically after the process is completed.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed HTC One M9 Nougat update. Let us know your experience with Nougat and latest Sense 8 on your device.