The scene over the One M8’s XDA forums is heating up with the release of the first Custom ROM for the HTC One M8. The honors have been done by the Android Revolution HD ROM on HTC One M8. And we’ll help you to Install Android Revolution HD ROM on HTC One M8.
About the ROM
The Android Revolution HD ROM is an highly enhanced and improved version of the device’s stock ROM. It is unimaginably fast, solid stable and clean, giving your device a great boost. It is based on Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) and latest official HTC One 1.54.401.5 firmware. Some major outlined features include Root access, Removed bloatware Apps, BusyBox, Complete GPU rendering, partition tweaks, zipaligned, de-odexed, init.d script support, Adobe Flash Player and much more. The ROM is based on Stock Kernel. Apart from these, you get a large list of features that are unnoticed to eyes, just install the ROM figure ’em out.
As per the ROM users, this Custom ROM has made their devices super fast, smooth and lag-free, giving out the better battery life.
DroidViews or any of its community member shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Understand the risk of Installing a Custom ROM and then proceed further.
Before you go any further, there are a few tasks that you need to complete. The first of which is to unlock your device’s bootloader, next is to Install TWRP recovery on your M8. Both of these could be done by following the guides below.
- Charge your device to at least 60% battery level so as to avoid any uncertain shutdowns during the Installation process.
- Backup Your Apps, Contacts, Logs, Messages And Settings
- Install HTC Drivers
- Take a Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM
Install Android Revolution HD ROM on HTC One M8
- Download the ROM flashable zip file: Android_Revolution_HD-One_M8.zip
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable
- Transfer the ROM zip file to the external storage
- Disconnect the device
- Power it off.
- Boot into HBOOT mode by pressing Volume down and Power buttons altogether. Using the volume keys highlight Recovery and select it using the power button.
- Your M8 will boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on Wipe > Advanced Wipe
- Check Dalvik Cache, System, Cache and Data. Make sure everything else is unchecked and swipe the button at the bottom to wipe.
- Once done, go back to the TWRP main screen.
- Tap on Install, browse to the location where the ROM zip file was placed and select the Android_Revolution_HD-One_2014_3.1.zip
- Swipe the button at the bottom to start the flashing process.
- Once the process is complete. Tap on Reboot and then System.
Your HTC One M8 will boot into the new Android Revolution HD custom ROM. Let us know about the ROM has affected your device via the comments. Also visit the XDA thread for user-support. Your feedback is valuable to us.