If you own the AT&T variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and have been looking for a way to update your device to the recently released Android Nougat, you just landed the right spot. We have been writing tutorials describing updating Samsung Galaxy devices to Nougat using the manual method for the past few months now. Today, we’ll see how to install Android Nougat on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A).
Since the full stock Nougat firmware is not available yet, we’ve managed to capture the OTA update zip file that will upgrade your Note 5’s software to version N920AUCU4EQC6.
Before you proceed, here’re a few preparations you need to make so that things go smoothly for you.
- Make sure your phone is fully stock. The OTA package won’t install if it is rooted or has a stock recovery installed on it. If you got a rooted phone install the QB2 firmware first and then you can install the Nougat OTA on your Note 5.
- Flashing the OTA will wipe your phone, so you are advised to backup all your data and apps using Smart Switch as a precaution.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging (this is just as a precaution).
- If you have disabled any system apps, please enable them from Settings> Applications or the OTA file installation might fail.
- Charge your Galaxy Note 5 so that it has 60% battery level at least.
Download OTA Zips for AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A)
Having downloaded the Nougat firmware, unzip it. You will find 4 files in the extracted folder:
- AP_N920AUCS4CQC6_CL8961126_QC62615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
- BL_N920AUCS4CQC6_CL8961126_QC62615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
- CP_N920AUCS4CQC6_CL8961126_QC62615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
You need to install the first 4 files using Odin. If You can find the detailed instructions on installing the stock firmware. A shorter tutorial is here.
Done! Enjoy the newly installed Android Nougat on your AT&T Galaxy Note 5.