The Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 is a mid-level budget phone for those who want to own an Android phone with pretty nice features at an affordable price. The phone was launched back in February 2012 with Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box. The device is proposed to get the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update quite sooner than we expected. The recent Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean leaked firmware is just another confirmation to that big news for the owners of this phone.
The upgrade from Android 2.3.6 to Android 4.1.2 is a huge leap and it will completely revamp the user interface, features and feel of the device for sure. The new update will take your device to another level and will bless with some, if not all because of hardware restrictions, of the features and improvements found in Samsung’s Premium Suite Upgrade for some of its high-end devices. So, better not expect that much but still it is too much.
We have yet tested the firmware but we are sure the update will include features like, Google Now, new Notification Panel with editable toggle settings, Page Buddy, Blocking Mode, lockscreen app shortcuts, some camera improvements, etc.
As you can see the leaked firmware XXMB2 has the Android version 4.1.2 that is the latest version of the OS from Samsung so far. We would still advise you to wait till the official release rolls out. But if do not have patience enough to hold, you can try the leaked firmware by downloading it from below and flashing is using the Odin flasher tool. The firmware can be installed on any unbranded Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160.
Download Android 4.1.2 Leaked Firmware Galaxy Ace 2:
I8160XXMB4_I8160OXAMB4_EUR.zip (512 MB)
Galaxy Ace 2 Official 4.1.2 JB Firmware is Available Now-
How to Install:
- Download the firmware from the link above and unzip it on your desktop.
- Download Odin tool and extract the zip: Odin3-v3.07.zip
- Make sure Samsung USB Drivers is installed on your computer.
- Make sure your phone has a decent level of battery juice left (more than 60%).
- Enable USB Debugging mode on you phone from Settings> Applications> Development.
- Turn off your Galaxy Ace 2 and boot it into Download Mode: press and hold the Volume Down+Home (center)+Power keys simultaneously for about 3 seconds. You will see a warning screen asking you to press Volume Up key to continue to the Download mode
- Now go to the Odin folder and run the program.
- Connect your phone to computer using a compatible USB cable and wait till Odin detects your phone and the ID:COM port turns yellow. If it is not so, check USB connection and the presence of correct drivers.
- The Odin tools comes with the “Auto Reboot” and “F Reset Time” options pre-checked. Do not mess up with any other options.
- Click the PDA button, navigate to the extracted firmware folder and select the file with .tar extension.
- Take a long breath and hit the Start button. The installation will begin and take a few minutes.
- When it is finished, you will see a PASS! message at ID:COM port and your phone will reboot automatically.
The first boot after installing the firmware might take up to 2-5 minutes so wait patiently. You will then be asked to set up your Gmail and Samsung accounts. Having filled the necessary details, you will see the new face of your Galaxy Ace with the stripped version of Samsung’s new Nature TouchWiz UX. Enjoy the Jelly bean firmware and do not forget to tell us via comments what new changes you saw.