Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 is out now and you can flash it manually using the old familiar Odin method. We know well that many of you must be dying to get the latest update on your Galaxy Note 2. If you do not have patience enough to wait for the update till it hits your device, you can download the firmware from our links and flash it right away manually using Odin.
If you are new to this flashing stuff, you need not worry as we have a carefully written tutorial for you that will help you through it all. All you need is to follow the steps described below carefully and your device will be upgraded to Android 4.1.2.
Recommended for You:
Galaxy Note 2 WiFi and Exynos Vulnerability Bug Fix Firmware
Steps to Install Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware on Note 2:
- Download the firmware N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_PRT.zip and extract the zip with a zip archiver. Inside the extracted folder, you will find N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_PRT_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin3_v3.04.zip and extract it to your desktop.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer if you have not installed it yet.
- Charge you Note 2 to 70% battery level at least.
- Backup your contacts, call-logs, messages, APNs, bookmarks, calendar, apps & games using these nice free apps.
- Turn on USB Debugging from Settings> Developer options
- Turn off you phone and boot it into Download/Odin Mode: press and hold Volume Down and Home (center) keys simultaneously and then long press the Power key till you see a screen that prompts you to press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Press the Volume Up key to enter the Download Mode.
- Now open the Odin folder that you downloaded in Step 2 and run the .exe file present there.
- When the Odin is launched, connect your Galaxy Note 2 to the computer via USB cable and wait till the ID:COM box at Odin turns light green. It shows that your device has been detected by the program.
- Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Do NOT check any other item.
- Now click on the PDA button and select the N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_PRT_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Take a deep sigh and click on the Start button on Odin to start the installation. It might take about 5-8 minutes for the installation to finish.
- Finally, you will get a PASS! message on the ID:COM box and then you device will reboot automatically.
- Your device will reboot with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware installed on it. Cheers!
- In case, you installed the latest stock firmware over a custom firmware, you might get a boot-loop. If it is the case with you, open the back cover of your Note 2 and pull out the battery. Wait from 10 seconds and reinsert it back to its place. Then press Volume Up+Home+Power keys to enter ASR (Android Stock Recovery) mode and wipe data/factory reset. Then reboot the device. Now it should reboot normally.
You have just installed the official Android 4.1.2 update to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. All you can do now is to enjoy.
Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Anddroid 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware