Yu Yuphoria is the second offering from Yu Televentures, a subsidiary of Micromax. It is a powerful device priced at just Rs.6999 (about $110). It packs a 5 inch 720p display with 294ppi. Yuphoria is powered by Snapdragon 410 SoC which includes Adreno 306 graphics. It has 2Gb of RAM and 16Gb of inbuilt storage which can be expanded by up to 32Gb via external Sd card. The phone takes 2 sim cards and one of them can connect to 4G LTE network. With 13mp rear and a 5mp front camera Yuphoria is a great option to choose in it’s price range.
It has best specs on paper in it’s price range but the Cyan OS which comes pre-installed on the device still have the miles to go. It is quite buggy at this stage, hope the issues to be fixed with software updates. You could root your Yuphoria in order to improve it’s performance with some tweaks or install a custom ROM with help of a custom recovery. Here’s the guide to unlock your bootloader and root your device.
Warning: Rooting your device voids your warranty. following steps should be performed with caution, only you are responsible if you end up bricking your device.
- Make sure you backup all of your device memory, as unlocking bootloader results in wiping your internal storage. So keep a backup of your apps , music, SMS, photos and other important data you might have on your phone.
- Install ADB and Fastboot, follow our guide to do so easily.
- Install USB drivers on your PC from here.
- Charge your device with up to 60% of battery.
Steps to follow
Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP
- Enable Android Debugging on your phone: To do so you need to unlock Developer Options. Go into Settings > About Phone and tap Build number 7 times. You will see Developer Options are now visible in the settings app. Go into Developer options and check mark the Android Debugging option.
- Enable Advanced Reboot: In the Developer options check mark the Advanced Reboot option.
- Boot into Fastboot mode: Hold down Power button and choose Reboot > Bootloader. your phone will boot into Bootloader or the Fastboot mode.
- Now connect our phone to your PC and open Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Type the following command to check your phone is properly connected to your PC.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem devices
- Now enter the following command to unlock your Bootloader.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
- Now download TWRP recovery from here and rename the file to ‘twrp.img’ and copy the img file to you Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder (usually C:/ Program Files/ Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
- Type the following command to install TWRP recovery.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery twrp.img
- Now reboot your device by typing the following command/
Root Yu Yuphoria
- Download SuperSU zip file from here and copy it to a suitable location on your phone.
- Now hold down Power button and select Reboot>Recovery to boot into recently installed TWRP.
- Once you are in recovery mode, select Install zip and navigate to SuperSU file you copied, then swipe to confirm installation.
- Reboot your phone and Enjoy your rooted device.
Hope this guide helps you to root your Yu Youphoria with ease. Ask your doubts in the comments section below.