HTC One A9, the latest flagship phone from the manufacturer has recently been launched and developers have begun with it’s development. The root method for this device is now available and HTC One A9 users who own it can root their device readily. Simply flashing the latest available SuperSU zip file should do the trick.
According to Captain_Throwback, a developer at XDA, since the HTC One A9 has dm-verity enabled and forces encryption by default, root can only be achieved using the new systemless root methods. Hence, there are two currently working methods. One, with the seSuperUser, that requires flashing only a zip file and installing an app from the Play Store. We have already listed this root method. Get to our post through this link. It also includes root method for other variants.
Secondly, you can flash the latest available systemless SuperSU v2.62-3 package through TWRP. It automatically disables forced encryption & dm-verity. However, you will need to format data in TWRP before you proceed. So if you are looking forward to root your device in no time and have TWRP setup, then go through this procedure.
Remember, it will wipe your data, that means your apps and app data will be lost. Hence backup all your important stuff before you proceed.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install TWRP on your device. We, at DroidViews, won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
SuperSU v2.62-2 beta — Download | File: SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651.zip
- This root guide is compatible with HTC One A9 only. Do not try it on any other device.
- Make sure you have TWRP installed on your device. Click here.
- Install USB Drivers on your computer in order to detect the device and transfer the SuperSU file to it.
- Fully charge your device.
How To Root HTC One A9 With TWRP
- Download the SuperSU package from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Although this is optional, it is recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions:System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- Now return to TWRP home screen and tap on Wipe and factory reset it by swiping the confirmation option at the bottom.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the SuperSU file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once you reboot, you can enjoy root access on your HTC One A9. Verify root using the root checker app.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.