The real charm of Android lies in its capability of customization through root privilege and custom recovery. By flashing custom ROMs, kernels, and mods, you can completely overhaul your device. For the users who love theming and customization, MIUI naturally appears as a viable option.
MIUI – probably the most popular custom ROM and packed with tons of features, is the custom Android ROM by the Chinese mobile giant Xiaomi. MIUI has been porting ROM for non-Xiaomi devices and recently released MIUI V5.5.29 for the Nexus 5.
Here is how you can install MIUI ROM on your Google Nexus 5.
The procedure described below may cause harm and may soft-brick your Google Nexus 5. Though you can always restore your device by flashing the stock firmware. It is highly recommended to follow these steps carefully to avoid any kind of mishap. Proceed at your own risk. We or the developers shall not be liable for any damage to your device.
Things to Do Before We Start
- Take a full backup of your phone.
- Make sure your Nexus 5 is rooted and has a custom recovery installed on it
- Download MIUI V5.5.29 for Google Nexus 5.
We have taken backup of all necessary things, have root access of the device and downloaded the MIUI ROM for Google Nexus 5. It’s time to flash the ROM and here is how –
- Connect your phone to the PC and copy downloaded MIUI ROM .zip file on SDCard or Internal Memory of the phone.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Up key and Power key all together to enter FASTBOOT/BOOTLOADER Mode. Release those keys when a START text appears at the upper part of your device’s screen.
- To navigate through the options you need to use the Volume Up key and Volume Down key. Power key is used to make a selection. Use your Volume down button twice and you will see Recovery Mode option in red up at the top of the screen and now press Power key to select it.
- Now from next screen navigate to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option using Volume Down key and select by pressing the power key.
- Next select “Wipe Cache Partition“.
- Select “Advanced“.
- Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and after that “Back” to the previous menu.
- Select “Install Zip from SDCard0” if you have copied the MIUI ROM .zip file in your phone’s Internal memory or “Install Zip from SDCard1” if the .zip file is in the SDCard.
- On selecting the MIUI ROM .zip file from the correct location, your device will start to install the ROM.
- Wait for the installation to complete and then reboot your device.
After reboot, you will have MIUI V5.5.29 installed on your Google Nexus 5. Enjoy the ROM and comment below about your experience.
ROM Download Link
MIUI V5.5.29 for Google Nexus 5 – download