Being a Nexus 4 user is a great fortune, gives you immense proud and pleasure, doesn’t it? Owning the latest Nexus smartphone keeps you high among all the ends and that’s for sure. This 4.7 inches Jellybean loaded beast has a 1.5 GHz potential to deal with any other smartphone available yet, making it one of the best Android smartphones.
Since the beginning, we made our ways from Rooting Guide, Tips & Tricks to The Best Custom ROM series for the Nexus 4 and today, we shall write this Guide in response to the same. Now, sometimes you unfortunately get stuck while going Custom, this Guide shall then serve you with any helping hand to get out of the situation and return completely Google stock, How? By Flashing the stock Google Factory Image on your LG/Google Nexus 4. We’ll be using the fastboot and adb tools to cover the process.
Droidviews.com will not be responsible for any kind of damage held to your device either in the past or in the upcoming future.
Recommended for you
- At least 60% available phone battery.
- A USB Data cable compatible with Nexus 4.
- Appropriate USB Drivers. [Download here]
- Required ADB & Fastboot files. Extract the downloaded N4Tools.zip to your desktop. So now you have N4Tools folder on your desktop. [Download here]
- Backup your complete SD Storage, text messages, Organizer, Calender and contacts manually.
How to flash Jellybean 4.2.1 Factory Image on Nexus 4
- Download the Nexus 4 “occum” Factory Image [occam-jop40d-factory-ca7602f0.tgz] [SHA-1 Checksum: ca7602f09d750c1d7c55391ed3d88653cfa0d7ac]
- Extract the downloaded occam-jop40d-factory-ca7602f0.tgz to the N4Tools folder on your desktop. So now you have exactly all the below displayed files.
- Within the folder, press the Shift key and right click on an empty space, a menu shall pop-up. Select Open Command Prompt here.
- A command prompt already cd’ed to this location will pop-up.
- Power off the device. Enter the Bootloader (fastboot) mode by pressing volume down + power buttons altogether until you see the screen.
- Connect the device via USB cable.
- Type in CMD:
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
- Flash Bootloader image, type:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-mako-makoz10l.img
- Reboot bootloader:
- Flash Radio image, type:
fastboot flash radio radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.33.img
- Reboot bootloader, again:
- Flash the ROM image, type:
fastboot -w update image-occam-jop40d.zip
- This process might take a minute or so. Please sit a while back without touching anything.
- Once the process is done, make your choice to either go completely stock by locking the bootloader or leaving it unlocked (locking/unlocking will erase all the data, so backup all your device storage first).
- If you desire to go complete stock by locking again, type:
- fastboot oem lock
You’re done now. The phone shall reboot into the newly installed stock ROM. Congratulations!
If you have any queries, or you are stuck anywhere during the process, comment here. Kindly take a minute to leave your value able feedback.