Often it is the case with new launches is that the developer community craves to get their hands on it and start building various modifications. But its usually the opposite when it comes to new users and especially with those who are coming to Android for the first time.
The OnePlus 2 is also one such recent launch. Coming with flagship killing specifications and a complete vanilla stock Android 5.1 experience, that automatically boosts its reputation in the developer community.
Now as we have covered before to start with those various modifications and ROMs we would need to be running on a custom recovery and root access. But to do all that you’ll first need to know how to Boot OnePlus 2 Into Bootloader, Fastboot & Recovery Mode.
One of the simplest methods to boot any device into recovery mode is by using ADB (Android Device Bridge) using your PC.
- Simply make sure you have ADB/Fastboot installed on your PC. For those who aren’t familiar with ADB and fastboot, Please refer to our detailed guide on How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows within Seconds.
- Also ensure that you have the necessary OnePlus installed (Download here).
- Once you have confirmed that you have adb up and running, connect your OnePlus 2 using the USB cable and type the command:
- Next type the command:
adb reboot recovery
This will boot it into the recovery menu.
To access Fastboot mode. Once you enter the Recovery menu there will be an option that says ‘Restart into Fastboot mode’.
Via Hardware Keys
Another method to access the Recovery mode if you don’t have access to any nearby PC or you PC doesn’t have adb/Fastboot installed is by using the Hardware button combination
- Simply turn off the device.
- Start the device while holding the Volume Down+Power Key.
- Keep pressing until you are greeted with the Recovery Menu screen.
And that’s it! These are the 2 methods to access the Recovery Menu and Fastboot mode on the OnePlus2. Happy Flashing!
If you faced any problems while filling the steps do let us know in the comments section below.
- OnePlus 2