An unrooted Android phone is not much of an entertainer for the Android fanboys out there, right eh? Rooting Android is quite useful if you’re a power user and want to fiddle more than what the manufacturers had to offer. However, one of the downsides of rooting is that you won’t receive OTA updates and compromise security if you’re setting SELinux policy to permissive. Here comes a new rooting technique called “Systemless root” which allows rooting your device without altering the system files on the device. So, you get to enjoy OTA updates, security, and root at once.
The key to enjoying all of them at once is the popular Magisk systemless interface developed by XDA developer topjohnwu. Magisk allows you to root your Android device without altering system files, so you can enjoy Android Pay on your rooted device. Well, I am pretty sure you understood the advantages of Systemless root on Android. So, let’s see how to get Systemless root and Xposed on your Android device. Before we proceed, you need to install Magisk Systemless interface on your device. If you don’t already have it, follow the below link.
Once you have installed the Magisk Systemless interface, we need to install phh’s SuperUser systemless root for Magisk and a systemless Xposed for enjoying your favorite Xposed modules. Download the below file and follow the tutorial to get systemless root on your device.
Download the below System Xposed zip depending on your device’s architecture.
How to Get Systemless Root on Android with Magisk
- Make sure you have installed the Magisk Systemless interface on your device.
- Download and transfer the phh’s SuperUser (.zip) file to your device.
- Reboot your device to recovery menu (Google it if you don’t know) and flash the phh’s SuperUser by selecting Install option from custom recovery and clear cache/Dalvik cache. For detailed flashing instructions, click here.
- Reboot your device once the flashing process is complete.
- Download and install the phh’s SuperUser app from Google Playstore link from below.
Sorry, this app is not available!
- Install Magisk Manager v1.2 on your device just like any other APK.
- Open the Magisk Manager and turn off root whenever you want to play Pokemon Go or use Android Pay on your device without even rebooting.
We’re done with Systemless root here, now let’s get the Systemless Xposed on your Android device.
How to Install Systemless Xposed using Magisk
- Download and transfer the material designed Xposed installer APK and the compatible systemless Xposed framework Zip to your device.
- Install the material designed Xposed installer APK like any other APK file on your device.
- Reboot your device to the custom recovery.
- Flash the Systemless Xposed framework file from the recovery and reboot the device once completed.
That’s it, try running Xposed on your device after the reboot and it should work flawlessly.