If you own a powerful and developer friendly device like OnePlus 3/3T, it impossible to not try out custom ROMs on your device. I tried resisting from flashing a custom ROM for as long as I could but eventually, I gave in. I have tried out as much as 10 custom ROMs already. But there is one thing that is always a problem for me in custom ROMs – the audio files that come with it. Okay, that’s not a ‘problem’ but more like a feeling that something is missing. I have always found the stock Android’s audio files (ringtones, notification tones, alarm tones, UI sounds) a bit dull. They sound very uninspired but, that’s just my opinion. Thanks to the XDA Forum member DragonSlayer240 for this simple yet handy mod which lets us have all the stock Oxygen OS audio files on any custom ROM!
You may also like: Install All-in-One Theme Pack on OnePlus 3T
Do you need this mod?
Well, that’s entirely up to you. If you constantly flash custom ROMs and if you find the audio files that come with it does not match your taste, then yes, this is for you. If you love the stock Oxygen OS audio files, then yes, this is for you. Personally, I feel like the stock Oxygen OS audio files to be more clean, minimal and sharp. If you have not noticed this, then you probably should a little bit more attention the next time you hear them.
What the mod offers
This mod has all the stock audio files that come with the Oxygen OS. Below are the number, if you are into that kinda stuff:
- Ringtones: 21
- Notification Tones: 15
- Alarm Tones: 20
- UI Sounds: 18
Don’t miss: Top 7 Custom ROMs for OnePlus 3T
Download Stock Oxygen OS Audio Files Flashable Zip
Please click below to download the stock Oxygen OS Audio files flashable zip:
Install Stock Oxygen OS Audio Files Flashable Zip
Follow the below steps to install this mod on your OnePlus 3/3T:
- Place the zip file downloaded from above in your phone memory.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP.
- Power Down the OnePlus 3/3T.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Assuming you have successfully booted into TWRP recovery, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
- Reboot your device.
Your OnePlus 3/3T running a custom ROM will now have all the stock audio files from the Oxygen OS, Enjoy!
This article was last modified on May 19, 2017, 12:11 am