HTC has been the most reliable and efficient Android device manufacturer, as per me at least. It does rule the market with its powerful hardware and stable software capabilities. Let it be the Camera, the display, or the sound, the OEM has its hand over everything. But we do like to take advantage of the custom world to give boost to these functions, we always want more of everything, don’t we? So, today we will introduce the HTC users to an outstanding sound mod, to gear up their phone’s sound.
The mod/app is known as Dragon-Fi Audio, being maintained by ZeroInfinity at XDA forums. The project aims on providing its users with best audio quality on their HTC device without much hassle. It alters some sound functions to output and provide the best audio experience. Now, below is the short list of accurate features as provided by Dragon-Fi Audio Mod:
- System wide audio – No need to turn anything on, the mod works on the overall audio of the device
- Custom audio library – This is not your music library, libasound.so has been custom compiled for better experience.
- Powerful ALSA processing – The sound architecture has been improved drastically
- Custom asound.conf – Custom audio configuration for the soundcard
- SRC Resampler – Good quality resampler to give out good audio sampling rate
- Reduced distortions – Audio distortions have been decreased to minimum disturbance
- No LPA – LPA or Low Power Audio has been disabled completely
- Beats Experiment – Heavily modded Beats Audio for powerful sound
The mod consists of many other features (some device related, some not) that could make your device’s audio quality reach heights. And the best part to the mod is that even it was specifically created for HTC One M9, it still works with many other HTC models, all of them are listed below. Your device needs to be running Android KitKat 4.4.x with either GPE, AOSP or Sense based ROM.
Note: Do not mix this sound mod with any other mod, it may make the phone audio unstable.
- HTC One (all variants)
- HTC One Dual SIM
- HTC One Max (all variants)
- HTC Butterfly S (Intl.)
- HTC Droid DNA
- HTC Butterfly (Intl.)
- HTC One M7
- HTC One M8/E8 (all variants)
- HTC One M9 (all variants)
- Charge your device to at least 50% battery level, to save yourself from any sudden shutdown during the process.
- Read the Changelog and Notes before your proceed towards the installation.
- Install TWRP on your HTC phone, you can find your device specific guide here. We prefer TWRP since it is the most used and highly functional custom recovery for Android.
- Take a Nandroid backup using TWRP, so that in case you went wrong, you can roll back to your previous state.
Dragon-Fi Audio Mod is available for several HTC devices but the installation could be done with a unified file for all devices.
How to Install Dragon-Fi Audio Mod
- Download the Dragon-Fi_Audio_ZeroInfinity_v24.1.zip and transfer it to your HTC device.
- Boot your HTC device to TWRP recovery mode, either by using the hardware key combination or using the following ADB command:adb reboot recovery
- Once in TWRP recovery, tap on Install.
- Browse and select the Dragon-Fi_Audio_ZeroInfinity_v24.1.zip.
- Swipe the button at the bottom of the screen to start flashing the mod.
- It will take a few seconds to complete.
- When done, tap on Reboot System.
And its done, the Dragon-Fi Audio mod is now installed on your HTC device. So far the users have complimented this mod about being one of the best mods for their device. The next big thing about this mod is that it supports AROMA installer, so you get to choose what you install. Good luck with your best audio experience on HTC!
Visit the XDA thread for more information about Dragon-Fi Audio Mod. Tell us more about your experience via the comments.