It’s always a pleasant experience to a beautiful weather widget on our phone’s homescreen and when it comes to a clock weather widget, I think the Motorola Circle Clock Weather widget is the best looking widget found on Android phones. The stock weather widget on our Galaxy S3 is beautiful but as Tennyson has said “Lest one good custom should corrupt the world”, one is sure to get bored of even those things one likes most.
We are always looking for some new things for a change and to cater this desire our great developers and modders keep working. Just a couple of days ago we posted the Galaxy S4 Weather clock widget mod for the users of Galaxy S3 phones, and now we have some more widgets for you to play with. These are the modded versions of the AccuWeather widget from Galaxy S3 in various layouts, transparency levels and layouts.
Personally, I do not like any widgets that occupies a major part of the homescreen and covers it. That is why I always use the transparent version of the weather widget on my Galaxy S3. XDA member KimbaSinger has releases the modded version of the AccuWeather Widget which can be flashed on all Galaxy S3 phones with stock odex or deodexed ROMs.
I have tested the mods on stock and custom ROMs both and they are working just fine. You can select the transparency level of the widget from below. Download the widget from below and flash the zip via CWM Recovery. This means that you must have root with a custom recovery installed on your phone.
1. AccuweatherWidget semi Mod XXUFME7.zip
2. AccuweatherWidget Mod XXUFME7 Normal.zip
3. AccuweatherWidget HTC Mod XXUFME7 dkt.zip
Galaxy S4 WeatherClock Widget for Galaxy S3
How to Install:
- Download the Galaxy S3 weather widget zip file from above and copy the zip file to your phone’s internal or external SD Card storage without extracting it.
- If you have installed a deodexed stock ROM like WanamLite, FoxHound, crDroid, Omega, etc., you need not perform the Step 3.
- Now boot your phone into ClockWorkMod recovery mode by holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons for about 3-5 seconds.
- Needless to say, you will have to use the volume and power keys to scroll up or down and select options.
- Do not forget to backup your current ROM so that you might restore it later in case of a mishap.
- Now scroll down to “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard”, navigate to the weather widget file and select it.
- It will be installed in a few seconds and when it is done, reboot the phone.
If your phone is on stock rooted firmware, and you are unable to see the new widget after installing it, do as follows. Install a root file explorer and navigate to the system/app folder. Here, you will find the following files: AccuWeatherWidget.odex and AccuWeatherWidget_Main.odex. Backup both the files to the external storage of your device and then delete the original odex files from the System/app folder. If it still does not help you restore the deleted .odex files back to their place.
When your phone boots up, you should have the newly installed modded Galaxy S3 AccuWeather Weather Clock widget on your phone.