If you have been playing with custom ROM for a while now, you must not have forgotten Carbon ROM. A few years ago Carbon ROM was very popular around Android KitKat 4.4, after android KitKat we didn’t see much development from Carbon ROM. After Android KitKat they didn’t create any ROM but now they are back with Android 7.1.1 Nougat Builds.
Carbon ROM has released nightlies for some devices and are ready for download and flashing. Carbon ROM is currently available for Google Pixel (Sailfish ), Nexus 6P (Angler), Nexus 6 (Shamu), Sony Xperia Z5 (Sumire), Sony Xperia Z3 (Leo), Sony Xperia Z3 (Aries) and for Shield Tablet.
Must Read: 40+ Google Pixel Tips and Tricks
So today in this article, we’ll describe how you can install Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Google Pixel/Nexus 6/6P.
Downloads Carbon ROM
Carbon ROM for Google Pixel (Sailfish )
Carbon ROM for Nexus 6P (Angler)
Carbon ROM for Nexus 6 (Shamu)
Carbon ROM for Sony Xperia Z5 (Sumire)
Carbon ROM for Sony Xperia Z3 (Leo)
Carbon ROM for Sony Xperia Z3 (Aries)
Carbon ROM for Shield Tablet
Download Google apps: Gapps
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with Google Pixel ( Sailfish ), Nexus 6P (Angler), Nexus 6 (Shamu), Sony Xperia Z5 (Sumire), Sony Xperia Z3 (Leo), Sony Xperia Z3 (Aries) and Shield Tablet. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Make sure you have root privilege and TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download and install the latest TWRP build.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage. Download here.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
Steps to Install Carbon ROM on Google Pixel / Nexus 6 / 6P
- Download the Carbon ROM from the download section. Also, download the compatible Google Apps from the link
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip files where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed Carbon ROM Android 7.1.1 on Google Pixel/Nexus6/6P.