Samsung has been busy with releasing the latest Android Nougat update for most of the smartphones and tablet devices released during 2015. Just a couple of days ago we shared a tutorial describing the manual way to update the 9.7-inch model of the Galaxy Tab S2. However, if you own the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 with model number SM-T715 and have been waiting for the Nougat update to make its way to your device, you wait is over. Yes, you can now download and install Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (SM-T715).
The users of the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (SM-T715) in Italy and the United Arab Emirates and some other regions have already been getting the Nougat OTA update notification. However, if you don’t belong to these countries and are dying to taste the latest sweet flavor of Android on your Tab S2, you can download the full firmware file with version T715XXU2CQCL from below and install it manually using Odin.
Alternatively, you can also check for the availability of the Nougat update on your device. To do so, go you Settings> About device> Software update. If you are curious about the new features that come with the Nougat update for the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T715)
Note: Please note that you can install the firmwares provided below even if you don’t belong to Italy or UAE. Because the firmwares are carrier-unbranded, they can be installed on any Galaxy Tab S2 with model number SM-T715. If you are not sure about your device model, you can find it under Settings> About device.
United Arab Emirates: T715XXU2CQCL_T715OJV2CQCL_XSG.zip
(We’ll be adding more firmwares when they are out.)
- Download Odin3_v3.12.3.zip.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC if you have not them installed already.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Don’t forget to backup your apps and data.
- Charge your Galaxy Galaxy Tab S2 to ensure at least 60% battery level on your device.
- Extract the downloaded Odin and firmware Zip files.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T715)
Already made all the preparations and downloaded the required files? Now follow the stock firmware installation steps below:
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab S2. Now press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen, release the keys and press the Volume Up key to get into the Download mode.
- Now open the Odin folder and launch the Odin.exe file as administrator.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab S2 to your computer using a USB cable. When your device is successfully connected, the ID:COM port on Odin will be highlighted.
- Now click the AP button, navigate to the folder where you extracted the firmware and add the file with .tar.md5 extension to it.
- Make sure your Odin’s screen looks like as shown below.
- Then click the Start button to begin the installation and wait until it finishes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Disconnect the USB cable and wait patiently for about 5-10 minutes until your device boots up normally. Enjoy the all new Nougat on your Tab S2.