In the previous post, we shared the Android 4.3 leaked firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE, and now there is one more test firmware out for the international Galaxy Note 2 GT-I7100. Such leaks of the latest Android based firmware clearly indicate that Samsung has been testing Android 4.3 on some of its older flagships like the Galaxy S4. S3 and Note 2 and also that the official release of the new update is just a matter of weeks. If you own the Galaxy Note 2, however, you can try the Android 4.3 firmware right away to get an idea what it’ll be like in its final release.
Android 4.3 update will be a major jump for the users of the device who have been using Android 4.1.2 for a long time and seen no significant update for months. As it is a test firmware, it is sure to have some bugs, but to believe the users who have already tested it, the N7100XXUEM16 firmware is pretty stable and brings a host of new features to the device.
New Features and Changes:
- New lockscreen with multi-page and widget support
- New calculator
- New gallery
- Group play
- Updated S voice
- New video player
- S Planner looks a bit different
- Messaging app opens faster
- Some new icons
- New music player with old icon
- Text looks sharper
- New tabbed UI in Settings
- New Quick Settings page available in Notification panel
- Notification center don’t stutter like bitch anymore if u got a lot of notifications
- Adapt sound
- Adapt display + professional mode
- Some new widgets
- Galaxy s4 ringtone
Here are the details of a available Android 4.3 firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-I7100.
Region: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Fri, 25 Sep 2013
Download the firmware from below and extract the zip file on your computer. When you are asked to type a Password to unzip the file, enter: wagnervaz
Update !!! [November 19]
The official Android 4.3 leaked firmware is now available for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. The new firmware is more stable and a lot smoother than the leaked release. You can download it below and install using the instructions given below:
The firmware provided on this page is only meant for Galaxy Note 2 with model number GT-N7100. Please check your phone’s device info from Settings> About and proceed only when you are sure. Install the firmware at your own responsibility. Installing the firmware will wipe the data of your phone, so backup them first.
Preparations to be Made:
- Download Odin toll and extract the zip: Odin3 v3.09.zip [Mirror Link]
- Download the firmware file from above and extract the zip on your desktop.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers or Kies if you do not have it already installed.
- Charge you phone to ensure decent battery level.
- Backup your phone’s data like apps, contacts, messages, etc. Use these apps to do it.
Installing the firmware:
- Boot your phone in Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time and then press Volume Up when prompted to enter Download mode.
- Launch Odin and connect your device to PC.
- Do not touch anything on Odin and click the AP button. Then select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the firmware folder.
- Make sure your Odin’s setup looks like this:
- Now click the Start button on Odin.
- When the installation is finished, you’ll get a PASS!! message and your device will reboot.
- Wait till it boots up properly and start enjoying the new Android 4.3 firmware,
If you experience issues like bootloop or poor performance after installing the firmware, perform a “data/factory reset” via Recovery mode.