The Galaxy S4 came to Verizon later that other network providers in the US but the development activity around this device so active that now we have a great number of mods and custom ROMs available for it. Rooting a Galaxy device from Verizon is always a little complicated that one from other carriers as they come with tighter security and locked bootloaders.
A few days weeks back we came up with a very detailed tutorial on rooting the Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 but as we said, it was a little tougher for an average user. So if you already have a shiny new Galaxy S4 from the biggest carrier in the US and want to root your device and install a custom recovery on it, we now have another easier method that not only saves your time but also makes the rooting drill a thing of few mouse clicks.
Thanks to XDA member bhp090808 for taking the inconvenience of the Verizon S4 users seriously and compiling all resources required to root Verizon Galaxy S4 into a simple All-in-One Root Toolkit that does it so neatly! The easy root toolkit works with a Windows computer and demands little effort to achieve root access on your Galaxy S4.
Besides rooting the phone, the All-in-One Root Toolkit for the Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 is also capable of installing your favorite custom recovery like ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP. So, if you are willing to hack your device, it’s high time to do it.
Update: Root Vzw S4 on I545VRUAME7 or MK2 firmware
If your Verizon Galaxy S4 is running the I545VRUAME7 or MK2 firmware , use this tutorial to root it.
Using Root ToolKit:
- Download the All-in-One Root Toolkit and extract the zip on your Windows desktop: I545_ALL_IN_ONE_TOOL_7_8.zip – Mirror Link
- Download and install either latest Samsung Kies or USB Drivers on your computer: Download
- Turn on USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, enable Developer Options on your Verizon SCH-I545 first. Open Settings> More> About and tap the “Build Number” for 7 times. Then go back and you’ll see “Developer Options” under Settings> More. Tap on it and select USB Debugging.
- Now hook up your device to computer using USB cable.
- Open the Toolkit folder and double click the RUN_ME.bat file.
- Doing this will launch a command window as shown below.
- As you can see, there is numbering before each option in the cmd window. Wahat you have to do it to enter the corresponding number and hit the Enter key. For example, if you have to root your phone, enter “1″.
- When the phone is rooted, enter “2″ to prepare the device for installing a recovery. You can then enter “3″ or “4″ to install CWM or TWRP” recovery on the device.
- In case, your SCH-I545 is already rooted an yo wish to install a custom recovery only, enter “2″ first and then continue with “3″ or “4″.
Wasn’t it easy! At the end of the procedure, your Verizon Galaxy S4 should be rooted and have your favorite custom reocvery installed on it. Congrats! If you get into any problem while doing the steps above, or have a question, feel free to drop a comment below.